Wednesday, September 8, 2010

How can I still feel fat?



 It amazes me that, almost daily, I wake up knowing my new clothes won't fit.  That I re-gained 35 lbs overnight.  The clothes always fit. The funny thing is I never worry about gaining the weight back.  Im not going to do that.  Instead I have an irrational fear of it appearing again overnight. 

I feel the way I think I look.  Daily I feel fat.  My butt feels large and protruding.  Soft and flabby. 

My stomach flaps in the breeze.  It never has gotten completely flat. 

I have "bumps" on my hips (this one is actually true - its genetic).  Bo says women are supposed to have curves.  Thank god for foreign men who love curves!

But this isnt about Bo.  This is about me and the fact I cant accept I finally lost the weight.  I tried for so many years - from age 23 until age 39 when I finally reached my goal.  That is a lot of years to have the same body and I can't accept that it is gone. 

As I sit here and compose, My hips feel large, my butt feels like it is melting like butter over the leather of the chair and my stomach sticks out a bit from my shorts, belly button squeezed tight as I slouch.  This is what prompted me to write down what I have been feeling for some time.  Because if I write it I will see how ridiculous it sounds.  At least the overnight weight-gain part.

My butt still feel big.

No comments:

Post a Comment