Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mile Seven

image from random3ss.com

Mile seven was, surprisingly, uneventful.  I have to admit I got restless yesterday (Wednesday), jumped in my car and headed for the gym, even though I had done a weight workout that morning.  What can I say.  I'm a glutton for punishment!

And yes, I said the gym.  *Sigh*  Too hot at 2pm to do it outside.  And for those of you who do - more power to you!  So with a bit of trepidation, I punched 7 miles into the treadmill.  And you know what?  I didn't get (too terribly) bored.  I found a marathon of a show I like and by the end of the 2nd episode, I was finishing up.

Now for the fun part, the physicality.  I am still learning how to nourish myself. Because I hadn't planned this madness, I didn't eat a proper balance of carbs and protein at lunch.  I did, however, take a homemade trail mix that I munched as the slugs hit (around mile 5).  And because I wasn't sweating with the intensity of an outdoor workout, I forgot to hydrate until a tightened thigh muscle reminded me.

So I did it.  I did 7 miles in just under 1 hour and 45 minutes, right on target to meet my race day goal.  I had a terrible headache until I finally had some protein with dinner, but let that be a lesson!

Next week is one of my beautiful "low" weeks so the next monster will be Mile Nine.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment