Monday, July 5, 2010

Inspiration



What inspires me?  

I had the chance to ponder this as we spent the weekend in Asheville NC.  It became obvious to me as we passed Knoxville and the topography changed that my thoughts were also changing.  As the mountains rose higher, words poured out of me.  When I drank coffee in the quiet of the morning, the roaring of quotes was not to be ignored.  Prose came to me as I drove, as I hiked, while I drank beer and while I just sat.  Quietly. 

Nature.  Nature moves me to words.  Trees.  Birds singing.  Flowers on a cliff side.  And the mountains.  Especially the mountains.  I soar, my soul taking off in flight to the highest cloud when I am in the mountains.  And I can not hold it inside.  So the words come, and I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment